To become a certified medical doctor, you must first earn your bachelor degree from any allied medical courses that may range from nursing to medical technology. They then continue schooling to obtain their medical degree, which should make them competent enough to undergo residency programs.
Residency programs may range from 3-7 years depending on the specialization or which branch of medicine they choose to pursue. After then, they can officially practice as an independent Physician.
But what is specialization? Is it a must before becoming a physician? What are the specialties as a doctor?
Specialization is when you choose which branch of medicine an undergraduate of medicine will pursue. It allows doctors to focus on a particular system of the body on top of having a general background on the others.
Specializations are but not limited to:
A. Internal Medicine
1. Cardiology: specializes in the heart, it’s diseases, and function.
2. Pulmonology: specializes in the lungs, it’s diseases, and function.
3. Endocrinology: specializes in the endocrine system. It includes diseases related to hormones that may cause changes to growth and metabolism, regulation of blood sugar, etc.
1. Pain Medicine: specializes in the control of pain in patients with chronic diseases, post-surgery, etc.
2. Pediatric Anesthesiology: specializes in the sedation during surgical procedures of minor patients.
1. Pediatric Neurology: specializes in the neurological status of patients
2. Neuromuscular medicine: specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of abnormalities of the motor neuron, muscles, nerves, and alike.
It is essential to know a doctors specialties. Specialties, as it means, that it is something a person is an expert at, making them above knowledgeable about a specific topic. That means, consultoria with the correct doctor will help create a safer working environment between the client and as well as the physician.
Tips on keeping a healthy you
It is always a good thing to ask for your doctor’s advise on medically related discussions. Complete regular check-ups will help not just in disease prevention, but also in promoting health. Never assume that what you read on the internet regarding medications and therapies, are real-consult a specialist for any health-related problem
Keeping a healthful lifestyle, including a healthy diet, regular exercises, and proper sleep pattern, will keep your body in tip-top condition.
Doctor’s are lifesavers, together with allied medical staff such as nurses, pharmacists, medical technologists, etc. These professionals aim at promoting well-being, preventing illnesses, providing care to the ill and also, supporting the family of the sick.…